The Electronics and Communication Engineering is a four year, Semester Program. A student needs to successfully complete 125 credit hours of course work, practical & project work for graduation. The program is designed to provide students a strong theoretical and practical foundation in electronics and communication technologies such as telecommunication, radio and TV broadcasting, mobile communication, industrial electronics, robotics and automation. The term 'electronics engineering' represents a broad engineering field that covers sub fields such as analog electronics, digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded system and power electronics. Telecommunication engineering deals with the transmission of information across a channel such as co-axial cable, optical fiber or free space.Career Prospects
A graduate in Electronics and Communication engineering can apply for the post of an engineer in government and private companies. The fields where electronics and communication engineers get placed are:-
- Medical Field- Installation & maintenance of medical equipment.
- Communication - Mobile, Radio. Telephones etc.
- Government & Private Companies- Electronics & Communication engineers in government companies such as Nepal Telecom, Civil Aviation, Nepal Airlines, Ministries, and Banks etc. and different private companies (Ncell, Smart telecom, Hello Nepal etc.). Space and other research organization- For design and development of complex devices & system for signal processing and telecommunication. Electronic Industries- Design and fabrication of devices, embedded system, electronic hydro power equipments etc. Manufacturing- PCB, IC etc.
- Robotics and automation- Robot designs for security purposes.
- IT companies- IT professionals.